Sunday, February 6, 2011

Full Weekend.

Beginning with Friday evening's Chinese New Year dinner and starting early on Saturday with Cycle for Survival, this weekend has been full of fun. After Cycle was done, our team went for lunch at Italian Village. M and I walked back to Trump, with a coffee pitstop, to drop off our gym shoes and shower. We went home for 15 minutes to change and then headed back out to Macy's for a black history month event. Eunice Johnson, of Johnson publishing, archived 9,000 of her couture dresses from the last forty years. Macy's had a few of these gorgeous dresses on display, along with cocktails. Johnson Publishing is responsible for Ebony and Jet. To celebrate, Macy's was taking pictures and doing mockups of you as an Ebony cover. So, M, A and I have our Ebony cover shot together.

From there, M and I needed a cheese plate break at Macy's wine bar in the Walnut Room. Such a deal -- $9 for a really great plate. After our snack, we did a little shopping. To combat the winter blues, we both got sundresses. Unsurprisingly, there isn't a huge demand for sundresses in Chicago in February so they were on sale. From there, we had tacos and bubbly at Theory.

Today, I awoke to the sound of a snowblower. I started my day by trying on my sundress again, hoping for warmth. (It didn't work immediately but by 1:00, it was a balmy 37. Not quite sundress weather but the first time above freezing in a long time, maybe in 2011.) Then, kickboxing and an early birthday brunch at Hub 51 with the girls. O even made me cupcakes! The combination of huevos rancheros and cupcakes left me with a food coma by 3:45. As a result, I spent the remainder of the weekend on the couch, watching the superbowl and doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment