Thursday, December 16, 2010

Routine.

I am my father's daughter to a certain extent. He is a man of routine. If he cannot go through his morning routine, his entire day is entirely thrown. He never quite gets it together all day long. AND, his routine is LOOOOOOOOONG. The man gets up three hours before he needs to be anywhere.

Last night, I was out celebrating M's elevation to partner until 1:30 a.m. A normal person would sleep in a bit. But, I got up at 5:45 and went to the gym because that's my routine. I don't even know how to get ready at home any more. There is no coffee made and waiting for me at home. There are no jars of lotion and aloe. My shower is tiny in comparison. I went and half-assed a workout because I wanted to get ready at the gym.

I like to think that I'm not as bad as my dad. At least I can take comfort that I am MUCH quicker than him. Even including the hour workout and travel time, I come in around 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment