Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Dreadmill.

I have been trying to run lately.  It is not my forte.  I have heard people talk about the runner's high.  I think that it totally fictitious.  For at least the first half mile, I active hate every single step.  After that, it settles into a more passive dislike.  People tell me that they just zone out and run.  I can do that swimming.  I easily zone out, get my Dory-on ("just keep swimming"), and quickly lose track of how many laps I've done.  But absolutely not with running. I stare at the time or the distance, just to see if it is time to quit yet.  I run because I feel like I should.  And, I have improved, longer distances and slightly faster (although no one would call me anything but slow). Yet, I do not like it.  And, I've been known to almost trip myself, with bruises to show for it.

I wish I was like this guy:



That is absolutely a broken ankle for a clumsy person like me but doesn't he look like he loves the treadmill?

No comments:

Post a Comment