Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Better Late Than Never.

Last week, I received a shipping notification from a UPS store in Colorado.  I had not ordered anything but the Colorado part told me who to ask.  My parents are in the process of buying a UPS Store franchise.  As part of that process, my mom has been doing training.  Last week, she was training in a store in Fort Collins so I texted her to ask if that email notification was just a test or if she had sent me something.  Her response was "MYOB."  Yes, my mama loves me.  So, I assumed that she actually sent me something and happily awaited delivery on Friday.

As it got toward 5:00 on Friday and still no parents' package delivered, I tracked the package only to find that there was a delivery exception saying that more address information was needed.  So, I got in touch with UPS and provided an overabundance of information on my office location -- firm name, floor on which I sit, cross streets, etc.  I was told I would be contacted within an hour by the Chicago service center.  Four hours later, I received a voicemail on my work line that said that the information was received but because I hadn't provided the information until after 7:00 pm, the package would not be delivered until Tuesday.  Seeing as how I had provided the information at 4:45, I once again called UPS. After two more phone calls and getting a manager involved, they acknowledged that I did meet the deadline and assured me it would be delivered on Monday and that I would receive a call on Monday confirming that.

And, I did.  At 7:57 am, I received a call saying that they had the additional information and the package was on the truck.  But, when it was 4:00 pm and still no package, the tracking information told me that they were missing information and was being held.  AGAIN.  So, again, two phone calls later, I get assured that the package will be delivered on Tuesday.  Of course, on Tuesday, I had to make two more calls because the tracking information still indicated that UPS was confused.  However, this time, they made a second attempt and actually delivered the package.  It was at 8:00 pm or so but it did finally get to my office.

I got it this morning.  TOTALLY worth the frustration and accumulated phone time and complaints:

Peanut brittle, toffee, caramels, mini chocolate bunnies and  jelly belly beans.
I might have diabetes by tomorrow as I love all things in this Easter "basket."  And, my parents' card was a little too prescient and appropriate, considering:
Reads "When it comes to chocolate, does it really matter who brings the basket?"

No comments:

Post a Comment