Monday, October 22, 2012

Cuppy.

I was handed Bulls tickets for last Friday's game.  Unless I have an actual conflict, I will never say no to tickets to any sporting event.  What's not to love?  Athletics, hot dogs, time out diversions and free.99?  Sign me up.

This was a pre-season game so the United Center was not entirely full but for at least the first part of the game, the crowd was into it.  However, it pretty quickly became clear that the Bulls had this game easily in hand.  That was particularly obvious at the beginning of the fourth quarter when my favorite time-out diversion occurred.

Every game at the UC, you are handed a little packet of items that include coupons and other things.  Among them is "your" entrant in the various animated races that are shown on the score board.  My favorite -- and, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this -- is the Dunkin Donut race.
 There are three entrants: Biggie Bagel, Dashin' Donut and Cuppy Coffee.  No matter who I am actually given, I always cheer for Cuppy.

The crowd was way more into the Dunkin Donut's race than it was the game by the fourth quarter.  No real surprise considering that the Bulls were up by about 15 at that point.  But, it was pretty incredible how loud people got to cheer for animated cup of coffee to run around a track.

Cuppy came from behind on Friday to win the race.  With both the Bulls and Cuppy getting the win, I definitely felt like I got my (free) money's worth out of the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment