Saturday, March 5, 2011

Damn You, Lulu.

I've been aware of Lululemon for years. Even if you don't know the name, you know what is is. It is the company that makes magical workout pants. Transformational. If you've ever seen a girl at the gym whose bottom half just looks incredible, I'd put money on the fact that she was wearing Lululemon.

Two things held me back from trying Lulu though:

1) The pants are very snug. I think that's part of the magic somehow. But, as my lower half is not necessarily my friend most days, I've never really wanted to have them encased and showcased.

2) Their clothes are not cheap. The most reasonable tank top is $39. The cheapest pair of crop pants are $68.

But, given my recent dedication to the gym, I actually NEED to replace most of my gym clothes. They are either too big or too worn out as I haven't bought any new gym clothes in probably two years.

So, I recently dipped my toe in the Lulu pool by buying a pair of crops and a tank top. It was the free shipping that convinced me to do it. And, it was magical. The clothes are so soft. So comfortable. They have such a following that their online stock sells out weekly (did I mention free shipping?). I actually started following them on twitter just to find out when it was replenished.

Today, I went to the store (technically, two stores, to find the right size) with M to get a baby present for someone at the gym. I ended up diving in headfirst into the Lulu pool. Now, I have three pairs of pants and five tanks. You do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment